Thursday 30 October 2014

Dresden Plate quilt progress

Yesturday after painting the walls in the closet and waiting for that to dry I headed to my friend Carol's place to pick up some solid white fabric to start the Dresden Plates quilt for my Cousin.  I got a white fabric called winter white which is slightly off white.  When you are making things with older fabrics these not sparkling whites work best so the older materials done look dingy.

When I got back, I throw the fabric in the wash, and started dinner.  After dinner before getting together with the kids to read before bed, I was able to iron all the fabric.


Today was the day trip with the girls from our quilting bee.  Four of use got together and went to Font Hill, to The Quilting Bee quilt store.  I never tire of going there.  There is so much to see.  I found the base fabric for my niece and some reds and blacks.  Diane was lucky to find a bunch of fabrics for a quilt she is gong to start for her own king sized bed.  We ate at the Lazy Loon next door.  Everyone had a great time.

When we got back and I put dinner in the oven, I took the time to start cutting the white fabric.  All the white parts are cut and ready to sew.  Twenty five squares, the borders and all the sashings.


I even started placing the Dresden Plates on the white squares.  Centring them and tacking them down, to make them ready to appliqué.  So far I did three of them.  I want to get these ready for my grab and go bag, when I need some hand work.



I have the fabric I purchased today in the dryer.  When I get a chance to iron them I will post them for you.  Maybe when painting the doors and between coats I can do some.

No comments:

Post a Comment