Thursday 31 March 2016

Starting back up on the spools

Do you remember these spools?  They were my leader/ender while working on other projects.


I had over the coarse of time made these, on and off.  I finally got to a point that I thought I had enough.  My design wall was full.  I enjoyed making these.


I needed my design wall for something, so took them down until a time that I would have a chance to organize them and start the assembly.  Well, that time has come.

One day during my holidays last week, I took all the blocks down to the basement and laid them all out on the carpet.  The basement is the only space big enough for these types of tasks and puppy free.


Now I have the blocks all sorted, labeled and ready to sew.  I keep the organized blocks in a divided box to keep them in order while I sew.  This also helps if I need to put it aside for a bit, this way I will not loose my places.

Not shown here, on the wall, the first roll is almost complete.  This quilt is on my list of twelve and has been moved up to my main work, with the sixteen patch pinwheel quilt as the leader/ender.

Enjoy your at everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment