Tuesday 29 March 2016

February versus March (March/2016)

I thought I would do another design wall status.   This one is for February versus March.

If you will recall for the month of February I was more or less putting things together, quilting and binding, that I didn't really need to use my design wall.  My daughter was motivated to do some sewing and took up the design wall.  


Above is a portion of her Fair and Square quilt, a pattern from one of Bonnie Hunter's books.  Since, she finished all the blocks with the green centres and all the scrappy stripe blocks.  The top centre is completely assembled.  She has since put it away for now as she contemplates what she wants to do for the borders.


Now above we have the picture of my design wall as it stands for March.  My daughter was still very motivated to continue sewing, especially because she had some free time during the March break.  She started doing some more assembly on her Remember Me quilt.  She has completed quite a bit of this quilt.  She now has the bottom 2/3 of the quilt assembled and blocks sewn together.  She only has the top three rows to do.  It is looking fantastic.  For this quilt she chose to use warm colours that resemble the civil war era.  Some of the fabrics are civil war reproductions and some of them just have the feel.

At the bottom of the design wall, I have a few more pineapple blocks done, along the border.  You may have also noticed the Midnight flight runway quilt was removed from the design wall and per previous post it has already been quilted.  I am in the process of tacking the binding down by hand.

I am really itching to get back to my floret quilt, that I see at the top of the design wall, but that needs to wait until I have some other handwork done first.  The floret quilt is not one on my list of twelve, so it has to sit a bit longer.  I told myself that once I get a few more things done from my list of twelve, I will give myself permission to take a break and work on the florets.  Right now though there are just too many handwork projects to be done from the list, not to mention the binding from all the other quilts on the list as they get completed.

Until that time, I keep dreaming of my floret quilt and of many others I want to start.  Putting restrictions on what I can work on has defiantly been productive, but I am starting to feel held back from my creativity.  I will have to do some balancing, to get a bit of both in there.  To balance the must dos with the want to dos.

No comments:

Post a Comment