Friday 25 March 2016

Pictures of the completed Jean quilt

I am completely done the Jean quilt!!!  That was fairly quick.  Other than a short delay, only because I was distracted with other things going on around here.  The binding is on and the quilt is looking good.  I think a teen or pre teen will like this quilt.



Here is a close-up of the quilting.  I used the red thread to match the sashing.  I went with simple lines this time.  I felt the jean material and the simple blocks called for it.


We have a picture of the backing for the quilt (Fabric donated by a previous quilting bee member).


I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this quilt.  The jeans came from my spouse, myself, some friends at work and my friend Carol's family.  The thread came from a person that used to professionally make drapes.  The batting also comes from my friend Carol.  The red sashing/binding is a purchase of 1 meter and the backing fabric comes from a previous quilting bee member Flo, who passed away.

This was an inexpensive quilt to make and something that was quick and easy. The fun part of it was that it used up stuff that people just had around the house.  I was able to use up things that others were decluttering instead of it going into the landfill.  The best part is that it will go to someone who really needs a hug.  Thank you everyone for your contributions.


**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**   

Work in progress:  
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)..........basted and waiting for quilting
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
5. Binding - Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)..........two side of the binding are done
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........this is my next main work
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........waiting for some main work
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........moved to handwork section
11. Handwork - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........basting the last two blocks of five blocks
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........taking a short break

Total number of quilts completed - 8
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 10

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned) 
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family). 
6. Jean material quilt (charity)

No comments:

Post a Comment