Wednesday 30 March 2016

Out shopping with some of my quilting bee buddy's

Last week Tuesday a few of us quilting bee ladies went on a car ride to visit a couple of quilt shops. It was my turn to organize the outing.  I was so nervous that the places I chose would not be what the ladies were expecting.  I knew of the one quilt shop, but the place we went for lunch and the second shop were a mystery to me too.

I think the outing turned out nice.  For the first place I took the ladies to Waterford, Ont., for a visit to Quilt Junction.  I've written about Quilt Junction in previous posts, as I go there once or twice per year. It's a small converted train station by the river.  Quaint little place with a lot of new and old collections. 


These three fabrics are what I got there.  Two of the fabrics are reproduction civil war fabrics and the last one is part of a newer line.  I also purchased the magazine below.  I don't often get this magazine as it is not readily available here and when it is, it is expensive.  I can't forget that I also picked up some embroidery floss for when I start the Crazy quilt block, which is not shown here.


On the way back home and after lunch, we stopped to visit the Feathering Quilt Shop, which is in Dundas, Ont.  This was a first visit there for all of us.  It was a small shop that used all the available space to the maximum.  There was a conference table set up with sewing machines for class work in the one corner. The cutting board and cash register in the centre of the shop and the rest was dedicated to material and displays.


These are the few pieces of fabric I purchased from the sale rack. They are part of the sock monkey collection.  They will make a cute baby boy quilt.

Overall the weather was nice, there was no traffic to speak of, we were all in good company and we had a nice time.  It was a pleasant break during my vacations, to get me out of doing my renovations.

No comments:

Post a Comment