Thursday 10 March 2016

Finished prepping the reconstructed 6-point star

I have been taking it easy the last few days with quilting.  With going back into work daily, bringing puppy to doggy daycare, training someone at work and getting home later than usual, I have just not had the energy to do much of anything.

On the Sunday, while my daughter was again monopolizing my sewing machine, I kept trimming the pieces for the reconstructed 6-point star.  Well.....I am done.  Here is a picture of all the pieces trimmed.  This time I thought to put the completed blocks on top of the green cutting mat.  This one is vary calm, comparison to how bright some of the blocks are going to be.


A lot of the blocks are going to be on the bright side.  The quilt fabrics have a European feel to them with bright red with bright yellow flowers, some bright green with orange, blue and white flowers.  It is quite a mix of fabrics.  It is definitely outside of my comfort zone, but I think, in the end I will like it.

Today is my late start at work.  I just said goodbye to my son, as he is off to school.  Now I sit here, on the doggy bed, while the puppy snuggles/sleeps and I do the binding on my nieces Midnight flight quilt.  I want to have this one done before Easter dinner at my mom's.

Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment