Thursday 24 March 2016

Finished the quilting of the Jean quilt

Yesturday evening, I finished the quilting on the Jean quilt.  I did simple lines on either side of the red sashing and criss cross across the blocks.  I think it looks good.  I will show you the final quilt when I get the binding on.


You know, I was looking at the red cone of thread, when I finished and noted it doesn't even look like I used any.  The large cone was given to me by a lady that used to work professionally making drapes on an industrial sewing machine.  The cone is large.  I have been using it a lot, but like I said it doesn't even look like I touched it.  I like these cones, especially for quilting, because quilting uses up a lot of thread.

I also finished the binding on the Midnight flight quilt, but that will also have to wait until another post.  I want to take it to the laundry mat to wash it.  The quilt is too large for a good clean in my washing machine at home.  I want to bring my log cabin quilt to wash as well and that as well will be for another post.  I don't think I shared the finished quilt yet, but I will double check.

So with the midnight flight quilt done I will post my progress list.  There are some things moving along.........and some I haven't touched yet.


**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**   

Work in progress:  
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)..........basted and waiting for quilting
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
5. Binding - Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)..........two side of the binding are done
6. Binding - Jean material quilt (charity)..........finished the quilting, moved to binding
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........this is my next main work
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
9. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........waiting for some main work
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........moved to handwork section
11. Handwork - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........basting the last two blocks of five blocks
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........taking a short break

Total number of quilts completed - 7
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 11

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned).  
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)

No comments:

Post a Comment