Monday 28 March 2016

Pictures of the finished Midnight flight quilt

The Midnight flight quilt is done, washed and delivered to the recipients.

This quilt was fun to make.  The more I made of it the more I wanted to keep it for myself.  My daughter and I are both sad to see this one go, but I am sure my niece and her family will enjoy it.


This pattern is from one of Bonnie Hunter's books, called More Adventure with Leaders and Enders.  The only alteration that I made was the border.  Bonnie's border is, as usual very beautiful, but also labour intensive.  As I needed to get this one done soon, I opted for a more simple border.


Here are two close up pictures.  The one above shows the variety of neutrals and dark blues that I used.  The only constant is the light blue and green chain going across the quilt.  You can also see the backing fabric I used, which is tone on tone navy blue, and the binding, which is a batik mix of the same blue and green of the chain on the front of the quilt.


Happy Easter Monday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment