Saturday 12 March 2016

Started the Jean quilt

Enough of the distractions.  This past couple of weeks felt like one big distraction.  Well today I got back on track.  I know now why I didn't start sewing the jean quilt.  I had it all laid out, labeled and ready to sew, but I kept putting it off.  Today it came to me.  I didn't want to sew it the way I had initially thought to do.

I was dreading the bulky seams.  So..... I came up with another way to sew it.  Still the same layout, but I took a page from another pattern and assembled the squares together like a reversable quilt.  The top "binding" is red and used to attach the jean blocks.  The jean material butts together with the red fabric holding it together just like a reversable quilt.  I am using red because the backing fabric has splashes of red in it.


Here is just a sample of when I started.  I worked on it all afternoon, once we got back from my son's hockey game.  Now I have the first four rows completely together vertically and horizontally.  The rest of the rows are sewn together in rows only.  I also have all the red fabric cut out to go between the rows.

Hoping tomorrow to continue on this quilt and get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment