Sunday 1 November 2015

Started Tiny Town block number five

I started Tiny Town block number five.  It took me a week, but I finally finished the bottom half of Tiny Town block number five.  It is a big section with lots of windows.  This is the biggest section in the whole centre of the quilt.

I started it last Sunday, but was only able to get the black shop piece with the red roof on.  This weekend it took me the full two days to get the rest done.  Saturday, I finished doing the applique of the black shop, the blue shop and the orange piece of the orange shop, plus it's black roof.  Today, I did the appliqué of the windows on the orange shop, the flowers above the shop and all the embroidery work on all the windows, the vine and all the shop signs.


It doesn't look like much work, but you would be surprised how much time this stuff actually takes.  It was a good thing that the kids had a lot of homework to keep them occupied, otherwise I might of felt like I was neglecting them.  I only took breaks to make meals for everyone.  I literally just finished now at 5:30 pm on Sunday.

Now I have one last section to do to finish this block and finish the whole centre of the quilt.  But......that will have to wait for another time, as I have to go start dinner.  Even so, I don't think I can do any more today anyways, as my eyes feel like they're cross eyed.  Too much hand work in one sitting puts a strain on my eyes.  That is why I usually spread it out.

Anyways, this half is done and I only have one more section to do.  Yah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment