Wednesday 11 November 2015

Another Dresden plate block done

I have another Dresden plate block done.  Now that I have completed the applique of the Tiny Town quilt, I can get back to the things that have been putting aside.

These Dresden plate pieces belong to my cousin and her husband.  They've indicated that the pieces were made by his mother.  All the wedges of the Dresden plates were assembled and the seam was tucked under with a baste stitch, ready to be appliquéd to a background.  There was no pattern with the pieces to give a clue as to how the maker was going to make the quilt, so we will be going with something simple with a bit of elegance. Something that would have been made in that time period.


This is a peach Dresden plate.  There are six different colours altogether.  For the quilt  there will be a total of twenty-five blocks.  I now have seven blocks done, which leaves eighteen left to go.  I am almost a third of the way done.  These go together nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment