Tuesday 10 November 2015

Finished Tiny Town block number five

I finished Tiny Town block number five. Yaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!  That means I also finished the whole centre of the Tiny Town quilt. Yaaaaaaahhhhhhh, again!!!!!  I am sooooo happy this is finally done.  Our class meeting for this quilt is on November 21st, and I can now say I am caught up.  This next meeting we will be talking about borders.  The quilt top will be expected to be completed by Decembers meeting.


Above you see a close up of the top half of block number five that I finished on Sunday.  Below is a picture of the full block.  I even attached this block to block number four.  Now I need to wait until next class on November 21st to show and share the final block number six, and I can attach block number six to the main unit and call it complete until I get the borders.


I am looking forward to moving this quilt up my list from the "to be assembled" category to the "to be quilted" category.  When it gets to that category it will have to wait in line.  I have a quilt to quilt for my mom to gift at Christmas to do.  I have my daughter's quilt to quilt that she has been waiting patiently for.  She'd like to be able to use it this Winter.  I have my cousin's vintage diamond hexagon quilt to do, now that I have an idea what I want to do with it (I'm thinking a version of quilted feathers).  After all this, I will be able to move on to my own quilts.

That is, unless Sharon has her two twin quilts ready to be quilted.  Mine will sit for a bit longer. That's ok though.  The ones I have to quilt are really just sitting there waiting, because I haven't figured out who they are for and some I am still not sure how I want to quilt them.  I am not in any rush with mine.  Unless they have a purpose, they are ok to sit in this section for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment