Tuesday 3 November 2015

Snowmen A to Zzzz.... letters S

My daughter's Snowmen A to Zzzz.... letter S is done.  S is for snowman, snowflakes, scarf and smile.  This is one of her favourite blocks.  It is pretty, but I think it also has something to do with the letter S for Sabryna, my daughter.


I personally love the snowflakes.  They are all different and detailed.  Wow, I am impressed with all of my daughter's tiny stitches.  To give you a reference point, this particular snowflake is only 2" across.  She did a great job on this block.  It's beautiful.


Here is another close up of a snowflake.  This one only measures 1" across.  In one stick that goes from the one side of the snowflake to the other side, there are over 16 stitches.  This girl is crazy fanatic with her tiny stitches.  In this picture you can even see the tiny stitches on the snowman's mitten at the top left hand side.  Crazy I tell you.


As for me, I did do the topiary on the Tiny Town block number six top half.  I haven't touched it these last couple of days though.  I figure with the two Adirondack chairs and a little bumbo bee, I should be able to get it done fairly quickly and still have time to play in my quilting room/studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment