Sunday 15 November 2015

Mini log cabin blocks

When I got started on Saturday, after a bit of a sleep in and getting treated to tea in bed, I came into my quilt room to work on a couple more miniature log cabin blocks.  These things are so cute.  The size alone makes me smile. Each fabric which makes up the individual logs is just under 1/2" wide when complete. 



In this quilt, there will not be a block alike.  I use up all my scraps.  I will take a piece out of the basket, cut a piece the size I need and in another block I will cut another piece from this same fabric, until the fabric is all used up.  Anything goes in this block, so long as the fabric is either light or dark, to go on their respective sides.

I was going to try and complete twelve of these small blocks to make up a full block of 4 X 4 blocks. The sixteen blocks together make the full block and all the full blocks have the same layout.  But in the end I managed to get two of them done before I was interrupted to do some running around.  By the time I got back home, I decided that I needed to put these away and get to work on the stuff I was supposed to be working on, like the Midnight Flight quilt.

I got quite a lot of that quilt done before I had to break to make dinner.  I will save at for another post.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment