Sunday 22 November 2015

Finished my Tiny Town quilt top

This is the original Tiny Town #2010, from Bunny Hill Designs, designed by Anne Sutton.  The quilt measures 52 X 60.  This pattern was presented as a block of the month.


This is my version of Tiny Town.  We had our class yesturday to present the last block.  While there, at Sew Sisters, I looked around for the two border fabrics.  These two fabrics spoke to me and the quilt.  Once I got home I wanted it done, so I washed the fabric.  It didn't take too long to assemble the centre of the quilt because I had the top row and the bottom row already done.  All I needed to finish it was to attach the last block to the middle row and attach the three rows together.  I ironed, cut and attached the borders.

I kept all the main elements of the original, but used my own colour way.  I am liking the quilt/wall hanging as a whole.  Not sure what I am going to do with this quilt, so it will get put away with the binding fabric, batting and backing, until I am inspired to quilt it.


Here is a close up of the border fabric I chose.  You may not be able to see it but the small inner charcoal border has slightly lighter polka dots.  I chose the charcoal instead of my first thought of black, as I felt it would blend better and not distract from the centre of the quilt.  With the last larger outer border I went with something a bit more beige and white for the same reason.  The beige border actually calms down the colours in the centre of the quilt and helps all the different backgrounds blend cohesively. 


I am so happy to say this quilt top is done!

Today I am back to trying to finish my laundry room.  I have to build a halve wall, plaster, paint and add in all the trim work.  Later I will only have to finish the cupboards and counter.

Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment