Monday 9 November 2015

Midnight Flight progress

On Saturday I procrastinated doing the applique for Tiny Town.  Surprise, surprise.....NOT!!!  I am so tired of this applique that I am not surprised that I procrastinated yet again.  BUT..........I was very productive this time while I was procrastinating that I really don't feel guilty. 

Instead of the applique, I spend the day on the sewing machine.  I got all of the pieces paired up and sewn into group with top pieces attached to bottom pieces.  Everything here lined up nicely ironed waiting for the next step.


After lunch I started sewing all the sections together.  This part took me a fair amount of time to do.  I ironed them all open.  At this point ALL the small sub blocks are done.  Here they are all lined up.  I am so glad that I got this much done.  This quilt was started back in August/2014, for my eldest niece.  But with one thing to another it kept getting delayed.  I am so happy to start seeing some progress on this quilt.


After dinner I wanted to do some more, but by this time my eyes are tied and it becomes difficult to do any sewing.  So, I contented myself with sorting out the sub blocks into the finished blocks.  My goal here is to sort out the colours enough that like fabrics are not touching like fabrics in the finished product.  

Sounds easy enough, but you would be surprised how much shifting of blocks is done at this stage, while making sure you still have the blocks in the right orientation to be sewn.  Good thing I had a lot of variety within each colour.


Next opportunity I get I will be sewing these up and getting them on my design wall.  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment