Friday 6 November 2015

Snowmen A to Zzzz.... letters A

My daughter finished the letter A for the Snowmen A to Zzzz.....  quilt.  This is the largest block there is.  This one is the width of three.


This block has a couple of different stitches that the others do not have.  The halo is done with the chain or cable stitch.  It looks pretty and helps the halo stand out more.


The stars are also different.  They are done using the French knot to fill in the whole star.  It also stands out nicely.  These snowflakes like the others also uses French knots to highlight them.


This will be the last block for a little while.  She still works on them, but not as often as before.  She usually does her hand work while she is watching reruns.

I'm hoping that I will finally finish my block for the Tiny Town quilt this weekend.  On Thursday, as I started late, I worked on my Midnight Flight quilt.  I got three sets sewn up.  A set is ten blue and ten green blocks.  Now they are attached together and I only need to make the last sewing to complete the block.  Also, while making the Midnight Flight blocks, I naturally made some more leader/ender blocks.  I have four more sixteen patch blocks completed.

Tomorrow, I am going to just continue to plug away at them.  Eventually they will be done.  On Thursday I could have worked on Tiny Town, but I had an itch to sew on the machine.  It had been a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment