Sunday 8 November 2015

Quilt Junction quilt store

Back in October when my mother, my daughter and I went to The Quilting Bee in Fonthill, we also ran across to Quilt Junction in Waterford.  This is the converted train station.  Quilt Junction is another nice store to visit.  Last summer they were in a US quilting magazine.  I think it was the Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest magazine called Quilt Sampler.


They have lots of samplers, fabrics and even wool.  The store consists of the three rooms across the length of the converted station.  One being the classroom, the second holds a large amount of fabric, the wool, and cash register and the third has a lot more fabric, this being mostly kids fabric, and all the books, patterns and the cutting table.

In the magazine spread the store was boasted for having a large amount of mini quilt samples.  They didn't disappoint this time either.  This picture only captures a couple, but this section displayed others.  This section was a little cubby corner sandwich between shelves of fabric.


If you are looking to pass a leisurely weekend, Waterford could hit the mark with this pretty quilt store.  Once you're done there, there are a couple of antique stores across the road.  You can go sit by the river in front of the quilt store and have a nice picnic lunch before heading back out.  Or you could visit one of the featured restaurants mentioned in the magazine.

While I was there a quilt was born in my head.  I have decided to make a quilt for my sister.  I picked up a GO! Apple core cutter while I was at The Quilting Bee earlier that day.  While we walked around this place I saw the colour combination that I wanted to do. 


My sister likes blues.  For Christmas her living room is done up in snowmen and her colour theme is white, silver and blue.  Her furniture and accessories are dark chocolate brown.  So....when I saw that they had a sale bin with lots of chocolate brown and blues, I just could not resist.  I picked up some small pieces of fabric and a new quilt is started.


I think I will also add in some of these fabrics from my stash and later I will need to look for some darker, deeper chocolate brown to round off the colours. 


This quilt will be so much fun!  The pieces are approx. 6" X 4", so this quilt should also go together fairly quickly. 

Wait until you see it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment