Saturday 31 October 2015

Another floret completed

Another floret for the right hand side.  This one goes close to the bottom of the border.  Second from the bottom, number thirteen.

This was the last of the florets that I had started already.  I was going to make all the florets first and later arrange them and sort out the direction of the white and purple hexagons, but part way through I decided differently.


By arranging them in order in a border, I was able to determine what I needed, how many florets and what colours I might be missing.  This border is the only section of the quilt where the colours will be tame.  The rest of the quilt will be completely scrappy and will have no rhyme or reason, outside of the diamond shape in the centre of the quilt with the same yellow centre as the florets.

Today is Saturday and I have the whole day to myself.  My daughter is at work, hubby is reading is paper and my son is doing his homework.  I've already started working on my Tiny Town block number five.  I decided to do the shops first.  So far so good.  I will show you the picture of it when I am done.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.  And YAH!!! for gaining an extra hour this weekend.  I need every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment