Monday 26 October 2015

A trip to The Quilting Bee quilt store (QW)

On Saturday morning I had to head over to my mom's to do some paper work, I had to go pick up my daughter from work.  So.......I was out all ready........ I was just itching for a car ride to see the beautiful autumn leaves, possibly for the last time before they all fall from the trees.  Fall is my favourite season.  
It didn't take much to convince my mom or my daughter that we needed to go on a car ride.  We went to Fonthill and took a trip to The Quilting Bee quilt store.  This store is always a great place to visit. Always something new every time I go.


I didn't even get a chance to get in the store's doors before I was halted by a gorgeous wall hanging. To view the complete piece you had to stand back against the doors.  There was so much to see ahead of me, to the right, to the left and up high too.  There is never a shortage of inspiration at this store.  I am drawn to this wall hanging.  I've seen the it advertised in magazines. I may get one eventually.  It is cute and fun.


After I walked around the wall hanging to the right, I came to the corner that the store has all their Go! machines and accessories.  From this section you have a view down the middle of the store.  I know the picture may be small, but even so you can see all the quilts hanging from the banister from the second floor.  Very nice eye candy.


The above pictures do not do the place justice.  This is definitely one place that I would recommend you visit if you are in the area.  You will not be disappointed.  They have lots of patterns, fabric, quilting accessories, wool projects, you name it.  We easily spend an hour in the store, by the time we check things out on the main floor and upstairs.

When you are done there, go next door to the Lazy Loon Restaurant for some lunch.  When all the girls from the Bee head up there this is another stop that we have to make.  Everything that anyone has thus far ordered has been really good.  I had numerous meals there myself and I would have any of them again, it was all good.


The pattern for this block came home with me.  It's called Chip from Little Bites by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. #807.  I think this is will be the pattern to use up all of my half square triangle blocks, that were a product of making the chevrons from the Midnight Flight quilt.  The half square triangles in my glass jar are stacking up.  This pattern was not the only inspiration I got from this trip to The Quilting Bee quilt store, but that will have to wait for another post.

Later everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment