Sunday 11 October 2015

Finished the bottom row of my hexagon quilt

I finished the last floret for the bottom row of my hexagon quilt.  Pretty little blue floret.  This was floret number nine, but when I laid the row all out I did a shuffle.


Over a period of a few days, while having my morning tea I managed to completely assemble the florets of the bottom row.  The first floret and the last one do not have purple hexagons at the top, as this is where the left and right side of the borders will come in.  The purple hexagons act as a mini sashing around the florets and help to separate them from the centre diamonds.


Here is a picture of a close up of the bottom row.  This is a section in the middle.  I am liking how it is turning out.  Now I have the top and bottom rows done and I started on the florets for the left side.


This project is still in my grab and go container.  It goes with me everywhere.  I am not the type of person to just sit around.  I have to be doing something.  Even if it is just keeping my hands busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment