Wednesday 21 October 2015

More Tiny Town block number six

I was able to complete more of the Tiny Town block number six.  I finished the two storey house section.  This one wasn't so bad to do either.


I attached the strip that goes above the house, attached it to the first section, the stacked birdhouses and finished this larger section by attaching the bottom strip.


Now I am working on the last section to this block.  The last section is of a gas station, pump and a pick-up truck.  I've only got two pieces attached so far, so I will have to show you the pictures of it later when I am done.

This full block is due the third Saturday of November.  I am making good timing this time, but I still need to catch up with one more block.  Block number five is still behind.  I am trying to push myself to have it done by the meeting in November too, but if it doesn't happen....oh well.  It won't be without trying.

I can't wait to have is quilt top done.  I want to get to some of the other thinks that have been pressing to get done.  It is so much easier working on things that I enjoy.

This project was enjoyable until things started happening that made it impossible to work on and having enforced timelines pretty much kills the enjoyment.  There are not many things that I don't enjoy doing in quilting, but tell me it has to be done now or by a certain date and something in me rebels.

Am I the only one like this?  When I am like this I feel like a little kid with their face scrunched up, arms crossed over their chest determined to have there own way.  In other word it feels childish.  But I can't seem to stop it.  Inside my head just now I pictured myself having a temper tantrum, dropping on the floor and pounding my feet and fist on the ground.  Quite funny actually, while I think about it, because even as a child I don't think I ever did this.

I will have to ponder this some time to come up with the reason or underlining cause for me blocking every time I am required to meet a deadline.  The funny thing is it doesn't happen at work, only during my own personal time.

No comments:

Post a Comment