Saturday 10 October 2015

The new leader/ender

As I emptied the wooden box of leader/enders I decided to choose another project.  I am wanting to see some progress on all my quilts, but this one in particular is itching to be done.  It was going along well before it had to get put away.  I started it in Feb/13 when my daughter started hers.  Her 16-patch pinwheel quilt is done and is in the process of being quilted.

My 16-patch pinwheel quilt is coming out again.  I want this one to be done.  I think this one will be a give away quilt to someone in the family.  It will be a queen size quilt.  While I work on the Midnight Flight quilt I will use this 16-patch pinwheel quilt as the leader/ender.

The wooden box is full of parts.  This is all the squares that are already sewn into twosomes.  A light square and a dark square.  I even have them sorted into sets of eight.


Each set is going to be sewn into four patches and the four patches are to be sewn again into a larger four patch.  The picture below is what I am aiming for.  This is a 16-patch block.


There are a total of 97 16-patch blocks needed for the quilt centre.  I have seven of them completed so far.  We will see how fast they get whipped up.  When you do things as leader/enders it is amazing how quickly they get done, with little effort.  My problem ends up being, that when I start really getting excited about the progress of the leader/ender project, it ends up pushing the main work aside.  Later I forget which project is the main work and which is the leader/ender.

Right now though I am trying to finish some quilting.  I am working on the Small Wonders panel quilt and I want to finish my Mom's quilt that she is giving away for Christmas to one of her great-grandsons.

Later I will take a break from quilting to work on my main work, the Midnight Flight quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment