Sunday 18 October 2015

Finally finished Tiny Town block number eight

I finally finished Tiny Town block number eight.  As I was working on fixing up the house a bit, my quilting took a back seat.  Today though I am happily hand sewing to get my appliqué done.

I finished the last section of block number eight, the two potted hearts.


I took the time to attach it to the first two sections of the block.


This block is the centre section of the bottom row of the quilt top.  So, as I already had all those pieces done, I proceeded to put the row together.  


I think it is looking good.  The colours are a bit outside of my comfort zone, but I am ok with the outcome.  Not sure what I am going to do with the quilt yet, but I can figure that out later.  It's a cute quilt that a kid might like, but with all that intricate handwork it's not something that will do well with excessive use.  It will be about a lap sized quilt and could be for a wall hanging, but it would require a large wall to display it, or maybe even up a staircase.  We will see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment