Saturday 5 July 2014

Shop #4 - Threads That Bind quilt shop

Our third shop of the day was Threads That Bind.  Location:  408016 Highway 4, Maxwell, Ontario (Canada).  Tel. 519-922-1010

I am sorry I did not get a picture of this shop inside or outside.  I was so frazzled that I felt I left my head behind.  The GPS took me on many dirt/gravel roads.  It was actually quite funny.  Everyone involve had a good laugh.

I kept trying to put the address into the GPS.  I had two separate addresses for the shop but not one was found.  It must be my GPS that is old.  In the end I decided to just punch in the city name.  When I arrived at the city the GPS said I had arrived.  So, I pulled over and decided to contact the store.  When someone answered I indicated that I wanted to visit the store, but could not find it and I explained that the GPS was not accepting the address.  The woman on the line asked where I was.  When I told her I didn't know that I had just gotten off of a dirt/gravel road, some concession/side road and was on Grey Rd.......she chuckled and asked if I was the grey van with my break lights on.  I laughed and said yes, she laughed too.  She told me to turn around and the store was only four house down from where I was.  How funny was that.   I am assuming they get these calls regularly.


The town is small, but the shop is a fair size with lots of fabric and class room space too.  The picture above shows you what fabrics I picked up there.  Their row is pretty too.  This store also has a reward system for frequent purchases.  

By this time it is now after 1:00 pm.  We asked the shop clerk where to have a bit to eat.  She directed us to Flesherton, which was on our way back South.  She suggested a little restaurant called the Flying Spatula.  The ambiance was very old and lacking, but the food was great and the portions massive.

No comments:

Post a Comment