Monday 14 July 2014

Quilting a friends quilt

Here is the overall quilting design I did for the quilt.  The quilt is not laying flat as I was still in the process of quilting it when I took this picture.  I was quilting it and looked up as one of my children walked in.  I thought the play of light at that moment highlighted the quilting very nicely.


This photo is one I show everyone already. It is a close up of one section only. Added it here as well to keep the pictures for this quilt together.



This next picture is a section of the large border.  With everything going on in the centre, I wanted to down play the border.  I did a grid using the material as my template.  The grid is 1" square.


Lastly you have the reveal.  What do you think?  Nice quilt, isn't it?  I think the quilting helps make the quilt stand out.  The colours also seem to stand out more with the quilting.  Hope my friend will like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment