Wednesday 30 July 2014

Mom's blue and white quilt

This is my Mom's blue and white quilt.  My Mom made his one for her own bed.  The size is for a double bed.  This quilt uses a lot if scraps.  This quilt was one of the first ones that got my mom hooked onto quilting.  It turned out quite nice.  Mom had a large selection of blues both from her stash and mine.  It makes for a more interesting quilt the more variety there is.


This one was the quilt that I was binding on the weekend, that reminded me of Mom's blue and white quilt.  I've seen many different quilts similar to this one and they all look good.  Some people do the light all in scrappy stripes as well and others change the order of the light and dark.  It is definitely a good quilt for using up scraps of all sizes.

I like my Mom's version better.  I think it has to do with the size, as you get the effect more of the diamonds instead of the white parts seeming to over power the quilt.  I also prefer the blue instead of red and black, as it seems lighter, more fresh looking.


I also know that Bonnie Hunter has a version of this quilt under her free quilt patterns at www.quiltville.com.  She has many free patterns.  Go check it out.

Tonight, I am off to the quilting bee.  Enjoy your evening, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment