Saturday 19 July 2014

Catching up regarding the July Shop Hop

Today is the middle of the month of July.  Next week is the last weekend of July, the last weekend to participate in the shop hop.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to go that weekend, so this weekend is the last available time.  Today was really the last day that I could do it, as tomorrow I am finally getting my plumbing in the kitchen hooked up.  My daughter and I started out at 8:30 am for the first store and returned back home at 3:15 pm to pick up my son for a Grand Niece's birthday party. 

By the time I got home a 6:00 pm from the party, I was tired but felt I wanted to clean up my quilting room.  Took pictures of all the store on this trip and what I got there, as well as their block for the shop hop and their Row by Row.  While I was doing the pictures of the blocks I realized that I forgot to share with you the blocks from the quilt stores that we visited last weekend.  

This first picture is from The Quilting Bee.  They provided an appliqué block for the shop hop.  You will notice that all the stores did the blocks in red and white fabrics.  The Row by Row for them was the Spring theme.  It is cute and has the bees to represent the name of the store..  The two fat quarters I bought at the store were in the washer so didn't make the picture.


This was from The Quilt Place.  Their theme for the Row by Row was Winter.  I liked it a lot, that I bought the kit for it.  Again the fat quarters were in the wash.


This next one was from Quilt Junction.  Their red and white block was a pineapple block.  Their theme for the Row by Row was Autumn.  Their paper piece pumpkins were so cute.  I really liked it and the fabrics they used that I purchased a kit to make it.


And the last one is the block from The Hobby Horse.  While I was at The Hobby Horse I picked out some borders for two of my daughter's quilts and one for myself, including the backing and batting for two of them. This is what I was ironing when I got home today.


My day has been very full of activity.  I am finishing me tea and this post, and heading to bed early today.  Have another busy day with the plumbing going on and after that taking the kids and one of their friends to the Shriner Circus.  May not get much quilting in tomorrow, but I have another five shops to share with you as part of the July Shop Hop and Row by Row experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment