Saturday 26 July 2014

Greenwood Quiltery and lunch at With the Grain - July Shop Hop #9

Before my daughter and I went to this next shop we had to have some food.  On our way we didn't find anything to eat that wasn't fast food.  I said to my daughter that we may have to wait, but as we found one of the few parking spots available, we noted that it was for a small restaurant.  We looked at each other and said let's try it.  The restaurant is called With The Grain.


The above picture is of the front of the store and the following picture is just inside the door.  I couldn't get any more of the front of the place without walking across the street.  The restaurant is in an old store that has small rooms like you would have in a home. Similar to the front parlor, the den, dinning room, etc. but these rooms were set up with small tables throughout.  They even had a back patio for eating outside.  The food was great and was geared towards healthy eating.  You will not find any French fries or hamburgers at this place.  Even the baked goods were all freshly baked from the bakery across the street. We both would go out of our way to visit this place again.


Greenwood Quiltery, 275 Woolwich St., Guelph, Ontario (Canada).  Tel:  519-822-2790

After a full belly we walked across the road to the last quilt shop of the day.  This shop is in a home converted to a shop that houses the quilting store as well as a section in the back for knitting supplies.
I am assuming that the owners decided to plant all this greenery in front of the shop because of their shop name or it could be the shops name was due to all the greenery.  Either way the thought was good, aside from the fact that marketing wise you would not think this is a shop because you can't see the shop, the sign is almost hidden amongst the greenery and the sign itself is also green.


Once you get inside though the shop is open, airy and bright with many rooms similar to the restaurant. With different themes or types of fabric in each one.  They even have the original fireplace  where they displayed the red and white Shop Hop quilt the store made for the occasion.


This is the shops red and white block as well as their Row by Row.  At this shop I found a red polka dot fabric on white background and a ticking fabric to add to my red and white collection.


This shop concludes the July Shop Hop for me this year.  Of the thirteen shops there were only four I was not able to make it to.  I am keeping the names and addresses with me for when I am out and a bought.  Sometime later I may be able to check them out.  I will leave the names below, in no particular order, for anyone who may be interested.


Sew Creative, 22486 Adelaide Rd., Mount Brydges, Ontario (Canada). Tel: 519-264-2177
The Marsh Store, 10266 Ilderton rd., Coldstream, Ontario (Canada).  Tel:  519-666-3330
My Sewing Nook, 20 Argyle St., Caledonia, Ontario (Canada).  Tel:  289-284-0549
Undercover Quilts & More, 223 St. Andrew St. E., Fergus, Ontario (Canada).  Tel:  519-843-3930

No comments:

Post a Comment