Wednesday 3 February 2016

My daughter's quilt

I haven't been doing my quilting throughout the week, but my daughter, who is now finished exams, has been making progress on one of her quilts.  Today while I am working, she is sewing away.  Man..........I was working away thinking, I want to be doing what she is doing......

Off the top of my head, I do not remember what the name of this quilt is, but it is in one of Bonnie Hunter's books.  She has many blocks done and many stripe blocks done too.  This is just a sample of the corner.



She is happy with the progress and I think it is looking very good on the design wall.  It is coming together girl!!!  In person it look cheerful.

I am seeing some progress on the home front.  Things are moving around.  Different quilts in different categories. Things are  progressing.

***Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)***

From the quilting section:
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)...........1/3 of the way quilted and waiting for the weekend
3. Lise's hexagon quilt (family)
4. Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)..........moved to the quilting section
From the assemble section:
6. Main work - Jean material quilt (charity)..........layout organized and labeled ready for sewing
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
12. Main work - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........moved to the main work section
9. Handwork - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........only eight left to go
10. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
11. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........more blocks done
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........more blocks done

To be binded: 
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)..........more binding tacked down
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
16. Crazy quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)

Total number of quilts completed - 1
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 17

Completed quilts:
1. Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned).  

No comments:

Post a Comment