Thursday 18 February 2016

Starting the jean quilt

Last night I had some energy to spare.  I wanted to do something, but due to it getting late I didn't want to get into anything too involved.  I cleaned out my machine, changed out the thread and foot, preparing it for a new project.

I am going to start the Jean quilt.  Everything is marked and ready to go.


That didn't take long to do and I wasn't ready for bed, so I started preparing the backing for my cousin's hexagon quilt.  The fabric is washed, cut and now ironed.  Next I will assemble the backing and this weekend, see if I can baste the quilt and start the quilting.

I am moving along on my list of 12 that turned out to be 18.  Nothing finished since my last report, but I am making progress in different areas.


Here is a picture of my little girl.  Isn't she pretty, sitting nice, waiting for me to finish work.  Those little sorrow filled eyes are begging me to hurry. She wants some mommy time, with lots of playing and cuddles.

Training class last night went well,  she is learning her manners and commands, while I am learning how to explain to her what I want in a language that she can understand.  The trainer said we are both doing well.  I am proud of her.  What we really need to work on are the distractions that take her attention away from what she is supposed to be doing.  Puppies do get distracted very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment