Monday 22 February 2016

Catching up on one of my Block-of-the-month (BOM) quilts

On Friday evening I thought I wanted to work on my BOM quilts/wall hanging.  I caught up on one of my Block-of-the-month (BOM) quilts.  In this case it is a wall hanging.  This is going to be a Halloween pumpkin and witch wall hanging.

This is moment of insanity quilt, because the individual pieces in this wall hanging will measure only 1/2" finished.  I spoke about it in an earlier post.  Each page was cut to hold 100 1" blocks (10 X 10) layout.  The picture below is sheet number three.  One and two are done.


Here is a closeup. That little assembled block in the middle of the picture below measures 2 1/2" and will finish at 2" once sewn into the wall hanging.


With all the small pieces and all the seams, I am planning the assembled carefully.  I am spinning all my seams in four patch manor.  Assemble a four patch, spin the seam, assemble four of them and spin the seam, and so forth until the wall hanging is complete.


Here is the picture of the back with all the spinning seams.  I am in the process of pinning the pieces to make the next size four patch.  The spinning seams help a lot with minimizing the bulk.  Less bulk makes the quilt lay flatter and when it comes to quilt it it will be easier.

This assembly was going so well, I decided to make the block for March as well.  Three blocks done forty-seven left to go.  As you can see this is not going to be a quick quilt, especially with each block only finishing at 1/2" square.

This post should come with a warning..........not for the faint of heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment