Friday 5 February 2016

Working on binding my daughter's Sixteen patch pinwheel quilt

Last night after taking Maddie for a walk, she came home to crash and I, for a change, was not tired or ready for bed. While Maddie crashed on her doggy bed, I did some binding.  The quilt I am working on is my daughter's queen sized sixteen patch pinwheel quilt.


The picture above is me snuggled underneath the quilt working my way up toward me.  The picture below is what the binding looks like in one of the corners.  The charcoal gray my daughter picked for the backing is looking good as a binding too.  The colour blends well with all the scraps in the top of the quilt.


Otherwise, I have been slowly working away on things on my list.

**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**

Work in progress:
2. Quilting - Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)...........1/3 of the way quilted, waiting for the weekend
3. Quilting - Lise's hexagon quilt (family)
4. Quilting - Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)
5. Quilting - Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)..........moved to the quilting section
6. Main work - Jean material quilt (charity)..........layout organized and labeled ready for sewing
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)
12. Main work - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........moved to the main work section
9. Handwork - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........one more done, only seven left to go
10. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)
11. Leader/Ender - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (my own)..........more blocks done
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........more blocks done
14. Binding - Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)..........1/2 the binding is tacked down
15. Binding - Log cabin quilt (my own)
16. Binding - Crazy quilt (charity)
17. Binding - Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
18. Binding - Small wonders quilt (charity)

Total number of quilts completed - 1
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 17

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)

No comments:

Post a Comment