Saturday 13 April 2019

My new fat quarter draws

Yesturday, I started writing a post with....Yay! It's Friday and where has the time gone, however it didn't get posted.  I started, but got pulled away, got distracted and after had to go to work.  It was a crazy day and by the time I got home to crash, I had completely forgotten to post.

I thought to myself that March was crazy and flew by.  Well, it looks like April is going just as fast.  Can someone please push the emergency STOP button!  I mean really!!!  I need the time to slow down, so I can get all the things I want to get done, done.

Today we are almost at tea time.  I spent the day cleaning up loose ends, running around and just recently, I took all the pictures that I have been putting off, due to the gloomy weather and lack of good lighting.  So, for the next bit, you're going to be getting some nice eye candy, of all the quilts that I finished.  Some of them are even from the end of last year.

I while back, I took apart some very large drawers that were under my bed for storage.  I didn't use them, as I felt they collected more dust than I liked and what was stored in them did not stay clean.  Shortly after, I had a brainstorm.  I wanted a better system for storing my fat quarters.

So, I got all my power tools out.   Table saw, miter saw, air compressor, nailed, sander and all.  I decided to make some drawers to fit my cupboard unit in my quilt room.  This is what I came up with.  They are simple drawers, but they get the job done.



Doesn't it look pretty all filled up with my fat quarters, and I have some room to spare too.  I am loving it!  All the yummy fabric.  As I use up yardage, if the pieces left are at least a fat quarter, I will fold them and store them as they are.  If they are smaller than a fat quarter, I will cut them up into usable sizes.


Today while I was heading to my car, for all the running around I needed to do, I spotted flowers in my garden.  I just had to go back and take a picture.  It is such a beautiful day out today and seeing the flowers just boosted my mood even further.


This post is turning out to be a bit of this and a bit of that.  I am sure most of you won't mind.  But if you do and don't want to see anything non quilt related, you can stop reading here.

Here is something else I wanted to share with you.  This is my peaceful little four legged baby, Maddie.  She always needs to be covered up and tucked in.  Usually she wants her head under the covers too, but this time she was just napping like a person.

The blanket, a child's receiving blanket, is curtesy of my mom, her Grandmother, as we were at Grandma's house and didn't have her own blanket.  Can you say spoiled little girl....lol


Now here is my little baby awake, sitting up proud and regal.  She is a Vizsla and she is 2 1/2 years old, human age.  We all love our baby and cannot imagine life without her.  I'm sure everyone says that about their own four legged babies.


This is in my office space.  During the day, Maddie hangs out with me.  Her blue toy bucket is behind her and her doggie bed is to the right of her.  You can just catch the corner of her purple pillow, and I am sitting on a chair at my desk.

Hope you enjoyed a little peek into my life.  Have a great day, while I sit and have some tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment