Tuesday 16 April 2019

Finished quilting the first of two Quilts of Valour

There is a group called Quilt of Valour.  This group of many people across Canada was established to honour the men and women who protect our freedom.  All across Canada the wounded men and women are given a quilt.

This group has decide, to set a challenge to all the quilt makers.  The challenge is to make and distribute a total of 20,000 quilts by 2020.  I believe they are at about 14,000 so far.  That's not bad.

Many of the Guilds are participating.  Some are making blocks and others are making quilts out of them.  Different areas will be set up for distribution.  Everyone working together for this common cause.

I'm not sure how long this has been going on.  I just found out about it last month when I attended a new Guild.  Last month, some time, I posted about me making a couple of blocks for the cause.  This month I decided to contribute by quilting a couple of quilts.  This is the first one.


A bunch of people made the blocks, someone put them together and a few ladies organized getting the batting and backing together.  I quilted it, trimmed it and someone else will bind it.  Teamwork!


I quilted this quilt with a pantograph I have of maple leaves.  How fitting for a quilt of valour.  Just like our flag, red and white with a maple leaf.  This pantograph is called Maple Sugar.


I am happy to help this cause.  Our soldiers are deserving.

No comments:

Post a Comment