Wednesday 24 April 2019

Finished quilting the first Mountain Majesty quilt

This month I started this quilt.  Initially it was going to be a large double size quilt to use up all the odd large print fabric chunks that I was given over time.  It started out well, as the blocks are very easy to make.

I just kept making the blocks required.  I thought to myself that the quilt is getting pretty big and I didn't have a backing fabric the size needed.  But I did have a fabric that was 56" wide and I had many meters of it.  So, I broke down the quilt into two.  The two quilts are the same size and used every block I had.  It just felt like it was meant to be.  Now I have two lap size quilts for donation.


I like the zig zag layout.  It seems to be one of my favourites at this present time.  This pattern also looks great in specific colourways, like all blue and white for example.  Mine is scrappy, because I am trying to use up what I have.  Trying to clear out some older fabrics.


Here is a close up.  As you can tell, I used everything!  But as a whole, it still works.

Pattern is from Bonnie Hunter's free patterns on Quiltville blog.  At the top she has tabs.  You will find it under the free pattern tab called Mountain Majesties.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment