Sunday 14 April 2019

Finished the pineapple quilt

This pineapple quilt was my 2018 American Patchwork & Quilting UFO challenge quilt for October.  When I put this quilt on the list, I had the blocks 1/3 of the way done.  When the number for this quilt was called, I pulled it out and proceeded to work on the blocks.  Even with the few set backs that I had, I still did manage to complete the top in October.  That is where it sat, waiting in line to get quilted.

I finished quilting the quilt in the beginning of December.  I was determined to get as many quilts as I could done and off my list.  2018 was a very good year for me, with getting many UFOs completed.


I like how the quilt looks in picture.  You can really see the difference between the light and dark areas.  When you are in person and up close, you get distracted by all the different fabrics.  I can tell you for sure at this is a real stash buster.  The quilt is queen size.  As the expression goes, I have everything in here except the kitchen sink!  And I am not joking, really, everything!


Here is a closer look.  I like the illusion of circles made by the position of the light fabrics.  Just an FYI, the bottom border is not crooked, it's just the way the quilt was hanging off the bed while I was taking the pictures.

I quilted this quilt with an all over edge to edge pantograph called Whole Lotta Feathers.  The top is so busy, that it wouldn't matter what I quilted on it, because it doesn't show.  The quilt design, not the quilting is the star of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment