Saturday 2 December 2017

Early reckoning with my UFO list for 2017 (December/2017)

My design wall for December.  Still haven't had much time to sew at the machine with these blocks.  I've been working on the samples for the business.  It may not happen until right after Christmas, when we are all off during the holidays.  

It is always rush, rush, rush leading up to Christmas and all the family get togethers, that between Christmas and New Years our family likes to lay low.  We do activities together and also take some time to relax.  The kids with their gifts, my hubby and I putter around getting things done during the day and relaxing in the evenings.



We are ALREADY in December and this is usually when we take stock of everything that has happened throughout the year.  Quilty wise I am feeling accomplished.  I will not meet my goal set out at the beginning of the year, but I feel that given everything that has been going on, I did a great job.  The year is not over yet, so I can still get some stuff done, but if not, I will still be happy.

At the start of December, according to the list below, so far I have 19 quilts/wall hangings completed and only have 9 left to do, to meet my goal to reduce the projects down to 25.  That is pretty good, I think.


**My 2017 UFO list - Starting the year with 45 UFOs, goal is to reduce this to 25**. 
Note: **#** refers to a quilt that is on my top 12 priority list

Total number of quilts completed - 19
Total number of quilts/wall hangings added to the list - 9
Total number of quilts removed/dismantled - 1
Total number of quilts left to be completed to achieve my goal - 9
  
Completed quilts:
45. 16-patch pinwheel quilt (for friend)
6. Green spiderweb quilt (my own)
3. Amish shadow quilt from Carol (charity)
11. Spools quilt (my own) **3** 
28. Purple & blue squares quilt from Carol (charity) **12**
1. Grandpa's star quilt (charity)
27. Log cabin quilt from Sharon (charity) **11**
7. Flower garden quilt (my own)
4. Split 9-patch quilt (no destination, yet)
2. Flo's upholstery blocks quilt (charity)
33. Mini pumpkin wall hanging (my own) **7**
9. Lise's Dresden plate quilt (commissioned) **1**
44. Machine wall hanging (my own)
51. Log cabin wall hanging (guild donation)
10. Sabryna's yellow nine patch quilt (my daughter's creation) **2**
14. Small Dresden plate quilt from Carol (charity) REMOVED
12. Beach ball quilt (charity)
53. Starry night sky NICU quilt (charity)
13. Random coloured log cabin quilt from Carol (charity)
25. Purple stars quilt (my own) **9**

No comments:

Post a Comment