Wednesday 13 December 2017

Sharing my quilting studio

With the online Longarm Quilter's group, we got together on the 10th to celebrate the season.  On top of all the inspiration, from various members, this time we also shared our quilting studios.  As I have the pictures, I thought I would also share them with you.

This first picture was taken while I stood at the doorway to come in the room.  All of my stash (ie yardage, strips and scraps) are behind closed doors, in the cupboard on the right, the one behind the machine on the left, in the unit under the window and in numerous containers under the sewing machine table.


I try to keep most of it hidden behind closed doors, in order that I don't get overwhelmed by the volume of stuff.  Below is a picture of the other end of my studio.  The door is on the left hand side, but not shown in the picture.

I am not really getting a lot done in here right now, otherwise the room would be messier.  I've had to break to look after stuff for the business and get ready for Christmas.  I only left the one project on the table, in case I get some free time to sew.


This next picture is of my second quilting studio, down in the basement, for my longarm machine.  This is the room that I recently (just less than 1 year ago), fixed up and painted to set up my longarm.


Again all of the clutter is behind closed doors.  The quilt sitting on the longarm is a guild quilt waiting to be quilted.

Hope you enjoyed this small tour of my quilting studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment