Sunday 3 December 2017

Progress on the cross-stitch sampler wall hanging

I am trying to finish at least one more thing, before the end of the year, from my UFO list.  Everything on the list is in various stages of completion.  I could just pick one of the quilts just needing to be quilted, but I wanted to make more progress and, besides it had to be something I could pick up during small bits of found time.

That pretty much meant it had to be handwork.  So.....the lucky contender is my Sampler wall hanging.  I actually started this waaaaaayyyyyy back in 1993.  I used to do a lot of cross-stitch at that time.  That was before I found quilting and haven't looked back ever since.

Here is where I left off the last time I touched it.  It is the bottom half of wall hanging.  The top section is completely done, outlines included.


I have been disconnecting myself from the internet this past week.  I have a lot to do around here and I am get more done when I don't have the distraction of the internet.

After I have accomplished what I wanted to get done that day, I sit relaxing to watch Christmas movies and doing some cross-stitch work.  Below is how much I was able to do in the one week.  Nice.  I am so happy with the progress.


Now the only thing left to do is complete the vine that continues to go around the perimeter.  I am very confident that this will be done by years end.

No comments:

Post a Comment