Friday 29 December 2017

More progress on To Grandmother's House We Go quilt

On the second evening of handwork, I did some of the trees on the left of the evergreen tree.  The progress is slow going, but with every needle full of thread I sit there and admire the progress I have done.  I am liking it and I am enjoying the calming process of one stitch at a time, one after another.


On the third evening of handwork,  I am filling in the branches of the trees and a few sprigs of grass.  The picture is starting to take shape.  I am guessing, that I am more than two thirds of the way done, on these trees.


I just had a thought.....as I am looking at these pictures, I remember when I was in school and we did these books with flip pages.  They would have pictures of objects that when flipped would move across the page.  Does anyone else remember these?  If I were to take these picture to make a flip book....wouldn't it be neat, seeing the picture grow?

Anyways, I really like doing this handwork, though I've already had to put it away for a bit, as I am on a deadline, to finish my Canadian Northwind quilt by the end of the year.  I want just one last finish, so I am pushing toward it.  In the New Year I will start back up on the handwork.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment