Tuesday 19 December 2017

Started the To Grandmother's House We Go quilt

I was so excited to see the Sampler Cross-stitch done, that I..........started the To Grandmother's House We Go quilt.  This is a pattern by Crabapple Hill.

I've had this pattern for a while and have been collecting my black fabric and creamy/beige fabrics.  All my pieces for the blocks and the flying geese border have been cut out for a while too.


Right after I finished the cross-stitch, I started to iron the natural unbleached muslin.  It took me a couple of days on and off to iron and trace the design.


The next evening I couldn't hold myself back, I started stitching the design.  This is the bottom design.  The one with grandmother's house.  It's not the most complicated, but also not the easiest.  It took me all evening just to get the top of a evergreen tree done, plus the start of the line that marks the land going across the design to meet the house.

I am liking it so far, but this is going to take a long time to finish.  I will keep you posted with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment