Saturday 31 December 2016

Working on my Xmas/Winter Solstice Star quilt

This is the quilt I decided to do as the leader/ender, while working on my Purple Stars quilt.  This pattern was a mystery quilt offered by Bonnie Hunter.  She calls it Celtic Star.  You can find the directions to make it on her blog, through an electronic pattern.  

As I am doing my version in Christmas fabrics I have decided to call mine Winter Solstice Star, as there is a winter solstice which is around Christmas I believe around the 21st of December.


Here are my pieces sitting by the machine for when I need to put in a leader to get my project out of the machine to iron or sew the next piece on.  The quilt size I am making requires 200 green and red four patches.  I only have approx. 15 units so far, but ten of them were made just yesturday as leader/enders.  It doesn't take long for them to add up.


Here is a picture of one block that makes up this quilt design.  This one seems dark, but there are some lighter lime greens too, which will lighten up the blocks.  The second block also has golds, so that will also lighten up the quilt too.


So, yesterday's quilt and this quilt will be the two main ones to start off the year.  Let's see how far along I can get before having the need to switch it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment