Friday 9 December 2016

Finally got some sewing time in

I have been busy, busy, busy.  So busy that I rarely got any sewing time, in these last couple of weeks.  It took getting sick and spending the last couple of days in bed to realize that I need to slow down.  Getting sick forced my hand, but sometimes that is the only way the message gets across.  I seem to just keep going and going until I crash.

Today I am not 100% up to snuff, but I am improving.  I thought I would take it easy here before I start work at 11:00 am and get some sewing time in.  I really get into the relaxed zone when I can spend some time in my quilt room.

All I did was pick up the pieces, for a unit, of my drunkards path quilt, that was sitting beside my machine in the leader/ender box.  Sew one, and another, and another.  Before long I am in the zone and end up with 60 units with little effort.  I feel content.  Still under the weather, but content.


While lying in bed dosing in and out, various things running though my mind.  Like all the things I should or could be doing if I weren't sick.  One of the thoughts was that we are getting to the end of the year and how far alone I have come with my quilting list.

At the beginning of the year, the list seemed to be realistic and manageable.  Early in the year I got so many of the items done.  From there things started to get crazy around here and I couldn't dedicate a lot of time on my quilting.  Now as the end of the year approaches, I have to do the inventory of where I am at.

You know what?  Considering all that has happened this year, I am still amazed as to how much I was able to accomplish.  Even though my list has not been completed and more projects got added to my main list by others, I am still happy.

I still have two weeks before Christmas, to start my Christmas shopping and I have three weeks until the end of the year, to maybe knock off a couple more things off my list below.  I like a challenge!  Let's see what I can do!!  AFTER I get better, which I am hoping will be very soon.  I am not a good sick patient.

**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**

Work in progress:  
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........finished sewing the centre, now have to do the borders
8. Leader/ender - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)..........moved this to leader/ender category
9. Main work - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (gift to a friend)..........finished sewing the centre
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........9 full blocks left to do
11. Quilting - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........waiting to be quilted
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)..........working through the appliqué pieces
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........these are put on hold for a bit

Total number of quilts completed - 11
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 7

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)
14. Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)
3. Quilted Lise's hexagon quilt (family)
4. Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment