Monday 26 December 2016

Christmas gift and my daughter's Blue Ridge Beauty

I have the best daughter ever.  She only works part time while going to University to help with some spare spending money and she spent some of her spare funds on me.  Only a quilter will know how precious her Christmas gift to me is.

Even though Bonnie Hunter has been having difficulty keeping up with the extraordinary demand for her newest book Addicted to Scraps, my daughter managed to find me a copy.  She also got me all the material, which is a selection of fat quarters.  Mostly neutrals, because that is what I need.


Today, I spent most of the day trying to clean up the tornado that hit here, these past couple of days, with Christmas preparations and unwrapping the gifts.  I also washed the fat quarters, organized all the manuals for the longarm and cleared out my quilting room, which was used as the wrapping zone and the dumping ground for everything, to get it out of the way.

My room is back in order and that makes me feel good.  I am just getting ready to sit to relax for the night and read my new book.

Part of the mess in my quilting room was also my daughter's parts and pieces to construct her own quilt.  She is working on a Blue Ridge Beauty by Bonnie Hunter from her Adventures with Leaders & Enders book.  This is what she has done so far.  It is sitting on my design wall, until I need to use it.  It is coming together quickly.  She has a lot of the units done too.

She will be including all shades of blues from navy to turquoise, greens from hunter green to lime, and purples from deep to medium.  So far there is mainly blues, but some of the fabric is already cut for the greens and purples.


You know....my daughter is pretty much hooked to quilting herself.  I am starting to wonder if the Christmas gift was self serving.  She is always in my stash to make her quilts. LOL.  Just kidding, she only takes the stuff that I give her permission to use.  She knows how much I enjoy using my stash.  Though....there may be a pattern or two that she may have her eye on, in the book.....

It is time to call it a day.  I have been trying to write this post for the past 2 hours.  I started, but one of the kids needs something, and a little while later I am getting back into writing the post and hubby wants me to look at something, and on it went.  Well, it is about time that I publish this post, before something else comes up.  

I am off to dive into my new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment