Monday 19 December 2016

Finished the top of the spools quilt

Last night was my night off from doggie duties, so after making dinner for the kids I went to relax in my quilting room.  Earlier that day I finished the borders to the 16-patch pinwheel quilt.  My excitement was still running high from that accomplishment, that I decided to keep the momentum going.

I picked up my Spools quilt and decides to do the borders for that one.  I am still trying to see how many of the quilts from my list of 12 that I can get done before the year is out.  The more I can get to the quilting stage the better.  I am content when they are ready to be quilted.  From there it is just a matter of waiting for my longarm machine and having the courage to give it a go.

The pictures do not do this border justice.  I think I need to wait for natural daylight.  The last border is actually very vibrant and it picks up all the pink and purple coloured spools.


Here is a close up of the corner.  The colours on this picture are still not true.  I am hoping that once I quilt it, I will have better lighting.


This makes another quilt, from my list, moved up to the quilting category.  Only four more quilts to work their way up.  I know they will not all make it, but I am still giving it my best attempt.

At this point, I can say with all that has been going on in my life this year, I am still very happy with my accomplishments. 11 out of 18 is not bad at all and 3 of them only need quilting.


**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**

Work in progress:  
7. Quilting - Spools quilt (my own)..........moved this to the quilting category
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)..........moved this to the main work category
9. Quilting - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (gift to a friend)..........moved this to the quilting category
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........9 full blocks left to do
11. Quilting - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........waiting to be quilted
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)..........working through the appliqué pieces
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........these are put on hold for now

Total number of quilts completed - 11
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 7

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)
14. Quilted Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)
3. Quilted Lise's hexagon quilt (family)
4. Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment