Sunday 18 December 2016

Finished the top of the 16-patch pinwheel quilt

I finished the top of the 16-patch pinwheel quilt.  I was interrupted with painting the basement where I will set up my long arm.  Yesturday, I repaired the ceiling, primed and painted it.

I had the walls painted already, but in the end my daughter and I didn't like the colour.  It's a nice colour, but not in the basement where there is not as much natural light.  It seemed a bit dull, so we went with a light grey with a touch of blue in it.

Since I finished that just after 11:00 pm last night, this morning it took a while to get going.  I was going to paint the stairway and hall leading to he basement room, however just didn't have that much energy, so instead I just washed the floors and put all the furniture back in order.


After lunch I thought I would take it easy and clean up my sewing room, by getting some odds and ends done.  One of the things I did was the borders for this quilt.  Above is a corner shot and below is a close up of the peek-a-boo and border.  Now I need the quilt it, as soon as my longarm comes in, not only because it is on my list of 12 for 2016, but also because it is a Christmas gift.  


**Progress on my top 12 list (which turned out to be 18 instead)**

Work in progress:  
7. Main work - Spools quilt (my own)..........working on the borders
8. Main work - Mel's romance & roses quilt (family)..........moved this to main work category
9. Quilting - 16-patch pinwheel quilt (gift to a friend)..........moved this to quilting category
10. Handwork - Reconstructed Dresden plate quilt (my own)...........9 full blocks left to do
11. Quilting - Lise's Dresden plate quilt (family)..........waiting to be quilted
12. Handwork - Machine wall hanging (my own)..........working through the appliqué pieces
13. Paper piece - Pineapple quilt (my own)..........these are put on hold for now

Total number of quilts completed - 11
Total number of quilts left to be completed - 7

Completed quilts:
1. Quilted Flo's hexagon quilt (commissioned)
14. Quilted Sabryna's 16-patch pinwheel quilt (family)
16. Reversable crazy quilt & matching doll quilt (charity)
15. Log cabin quilt (my own)
18. Small wonders quilt (charity)
17. Scrappy stripes quilt (charity)
2. Michelle's midnight flight quilt (family)
6. Jean material quilt (charity)
5. Midnight flight runway quilt (charity)
3. Quilted Lise's hexagon quilt (family)
4. Navy blue & cream quilt (my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment