Wednesday 14 December 2016

Worked on the borders of the 16-patch pinwheel quilt

I am working on the borders of the 16-patch pinwheel quilt.  I am still hoping to have this one done for Christmas.  The one hopeful thing in reaching this goal is that we don't see the recipient until after Christmas Day, usually not until the 28th or 29th.  So....there is a chance that I may get it done by that time.  I hope!

I am putting in an orange peek-a-boo border first, a navy blue border with burnt yellow flowers that have orange centres and orange ladybugs all over.



The border versus the centre of the quilt looks a bit stark.  The contrast between the two borders and the centre are not reading as loud in person.  The colours in the picture are not true.  The centre has a lot of soft blending warm colours that blend with the orange of the first, peek-a-boo border.  In the picture though the colouring looks off.

If everything goes well, this will be the first quilt quilted on my new longarm quilting machine.  Cross your fingers.  Being that this quilt is a gift, I want it to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment