Saturday 24 December 2016

Finally have my longarm machine set up

I had my longarm quilting machine shipped to me on Tuesday morning.  Once I got over the initial excitement of seeing the boxes, I noticed what was written on one of them.

It reads, "CAUTION, Extreme Excitement Bundled Inside", and in little print, "Contents may cause excessive hugging, squealing, jumping and fist pumping!"   Boy, are they not kidding!  When I read it, I had to laugh.  Someone there has a sense of humor.


I couldn't do much at this time, as I had an appointment to get to, which took me the whole day.  By the time I got home I was tired......but not tired enough to at least open up the boxes.  I let out a chuckle when I saw the writing on the box again and when I opened up the box, I was greeted with a large prettying red bow.  I tell you, APQS has done a great job with packaging their product.  Their customer service throughout the whole process has been great too!


At this time of year though, I found it difficult to find the time to put this thing together.  Obviously. all the assembly was all new to me, so it took me a bit of time. Especially to identify all the different parts.  However, with assistance from Tracey at Whirls 'n Swirls Quilting in Oshawa, I was able to get everything together.  She is so helpful and goes the extra mile.

I can say that I finally have my long arm machine set up in my newly painted basement room. Yay!!!


I am still speechless when I look at it.  I still cannot believe that I finally have a longarm.  I have been reading a lot of literature on the quilt path and the machine in general.  I am so nervous, in an excited sort of way.  I told myself that I have to stop procrastinating and just jump right in, so today I am putting the quilt path stuff aside and loading up some practice material.  I know it will take some time to get up to snuff with this stuff, so I have to get started. 

I will let you know how that goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment