Friday 4 November 2022

Green strings bar quilt

Today I had the day off from my full time job and got some time to catch up a bit, with quilty things around here.  I finished quilting a quilt for Project Linus and trimmed it.  Now it is just waiting for the binding, which I already have cut and ready to attach.  One more to cross off my list....yeah!!!  Pictures to follow once the binding is on.

Today I finally had time to sit at my computer and write out that pattern that I was working on for Quilts for Survivors.  I posted about it in an earlier post.

Since there are no new pictures of what I did today, I'll take you back to March 1/2020:

This is my scrappy string quilt.  My drawer of strings was overflowing with green strings, so I had to come up with something to make with them.  When I came across this pattern in a book, I knew exactly what to do with all those strings.  The book is called New Cuts for New Quilts: More Ways to Stack the Deck by Karla Alexander, and the quilt is on the cover page.  I altered it slightly, with no pieced sashings and random string sizes, instead of starting out with blocks that you slice up and sew back together..


I've heard people say that not all greens go together.....well....I think I've just proven them wrong.  I have every shadow of green in here.  It was an everything except the kitchen sink sort of thing.

The above picture is closer to the true colours of the quilt.  The one below is off due to the lighting, but I added it so that you could see the quilting better.


This next picture is a close up to show you the funky border that became my inspiration for the quilting pattern.  Love those dotted swirls. Plus to show you the variety of greens from blue green to yellow green and many shades in between.


Hope everyone had a chance to get outside today for a rare beautiful warm for the season, November day!  Along my walk with the dog, I smelled a couple of people having one last fire.  I'm kind of hoping we have the same weather tomorrow, cause I am thinking I want one too...lol. The sight and smell of a camp fire is so soothing.

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment